David William Beck
Adobe Suite including Flash CS5
Joomla!, Webeden, WordPress & other CMS’s
Microsoft Outlook & Office Suite
Social Media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter)
Actionscript 2 & 3
Adobe Premiere Pro CS6
Game dev platforms (Unreal, Unity 3D, Hammer, Warcraft 3, other)
Search Engine Optimisation
XML (Flash integration)
C++ (inc Arduino)
Sage Act! PERSONAL SUMMARY
An adaptable, creative and enthusiastic graduate who is also hardworking and highly motivated. Excellent written and oral communication skills and a good listener. Undertaken varied duties in office environment. Confident, keen to learn and with strong attention to detail. Able to learn quickly and think creatively. Able to multi task and manage and prioritise campaigns simultaneously. Comfortable working under pressure to tight deadlines. Comfortable taking on any role within an organisation.
Looking to take on a challenging full time role where I can learn and build my skills.
London South Bank University (2007 – 2010)
Degree: BA Honours Game Cultures (2:1)
Farnborough College of Technology (2004 – 2007)
NVQ’s: First Aid, Food Hygiene, Health And Safety, Service. (2010)
A levels: Business Studies, Psychology.
As Levels: Sociology, Philosophy, Fine Art.
GNVQ’s: Information And Communication Technologies, Communication.
The Wavell School: Specialist Technology College (1999 – 2004)
GCSE’s: English Lit ©, English Lang ©, Math ©, Media Studies, Physics, Chemistry, Graphic Design, ICT, Religious Education, and History.
Social Media Consultant: ‘iSat’, iSatnetworks.com (Jan 2012 – Present)
• Marketing & Sales dep. Consulted & implemented online strategy, designed written & artistic marketing material, prioritised workloads, managed confidential data/contacts, innovative problem solver, researcher, Web/social developer, generated leads, office work.
Examples of my work at iSat: http://www.isatnetworks.blogspot.co.uk/
Excel programmer: ‘Powerstax’, Powerstaxplc.com (Nov – Dec 2011)
• Created multiple documents & automatic report generation macro’s that turned data into 9 reports & created over 20 self-updating charts from the excel database.
Temping Agency Worker: Blue Arrow. (Aug – Nov 2011)
• Undertook part time temping work including night & day work.
Freelance Specialist: ‘Imagination’, Kinetika.co.uk. (June — Oct 2010)
• Developed Flash & internet based software, sponsored by London 2012
Customer Services & Checkout Operator: Halfords. (Jan – Sep 2007)
Greeter & Checkout Operator: Asda. (Feb – Aug 2005)
Design & Production Internship: Banners 2000. (May – June 2004)
• Banner & decal design, typography, banner production, printing, cad/cam,
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
• Created written & graphic content in over 20 e-mails, managed 20,000+ contact list (2102)
• Excellent spelling, writing, proofreading, e-mailing lists and computer skills.
• Developed multiple games such as ‘Spawn, a ‘Ribbiting’ Adventure’ (2009 — 2011)
• Written, illustrated & published a book, writing one on youth unemployment. (2011)
• Nominated for an E4 Golden Joystick Award. (2008)
• Ability to produce consistently accurate work even whilst under pressure.
• Ability to multi task and manage conflicting demands; creative and resourceful.
• Well presented, articulate and a good communicator.