David William Beck
‣ Highly creative, adaptable and responsive to changing business demands.
‣ Able to learn quickly and prioritise conflicting demands.
‣ Robust problem-solving, written and artistic capabilities.
‣ Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
‣ Proven organizational and time-management skills.
‣ Familiarity with current Internet technologies and development environments.
‣ Strong analytical, conceptual and marketing skills.
Proficient in both Windows and Mac operating systems, as well as:
‣ Adobe: Flash, Flex, Illustrator, Premiere, Photoshop, In-Design, Dreamweaver.
‣ Game development: UDK/Unreal 3, Hammer, Game maker, Unity, mods/maps.
‣ Microsoft: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Outlook.
‣ Web: Social Media, WordPress, Joomla, Webeden, Basic Facebook development.
‣ 3D: 3DSMAX, Maya, Sketchup, ZBrush 3, Second Life.
‣ HTML, CSS, XML, ActionScript 2 & 3, Basic C++, Basic Java Script.
‣ Sage Act, Logic Pro, online resources.
iSat Ltd: Social Media Consultant. www.iSatnetworks.com (Jan 2012 – Present)
Marketing & Sales. Consulted & implemented online strategy, Set up sales on e-bay, designed written & artistic marketing material, prioritised workloads, managed confidential data & contacts, researcher, revamped website, social networking, generated leads, worked in accounts covering holiday. Helped generate income & set up business deals. Examples of my work: http://www.isatnetworks.blogspot.co.uk/
Online Freelance: (2011– Present)
Designed marketing material for two companies. Constructed & updated a number of websites. Additional tasks completed through Freelancer website.
Powerstax: Short term contract (2011)
Excel and database work: created automatic report generation system & data analysis.
Blue Arrow: Undertook part time temping work. (2011)
Kinetika ImagiNation: Freelance Specialist (2010)
Developed Flash based software as part of a larger ARG. Sponsored by London 2012
Game Developer: E4 Grand master Flash Golden Joystick Award Finalist. (2009)
Halfords: Customer Services & Checkout Operator. (2006 – 2007)
Asda: Greeter & Checkout Operator. (2005)
Banners 2000: Design & Production Internship. (2004)
London South Bank University. (2007 – 2010)
BA Honours Game Cultures (2:1)
Farnborough College of Technology. (2004 – 2007)
A levels: Business Studies, Psychology.
As Levels: Sociology, Philosophy, Art.
GNVQ’s: Information And Communication Technologies, Communication.
NVQ’s: First Aid, Food Hygiene, Health And Safety, Service. (2010)
The Wavell School: Specialist Technology College. (1999 – 2004)
GCSE’s: English Lit (C), English Lang (C), Math (C), Media Studies, Physics, Chemistry, Graphic Design, ICT, Religious Education, and History.
*References available on request