I attended London South Bank University located in the heart of London.
What attracted me to this degree was it focused on many aspects of computer game production and design within a humanities and media studies perspective. It covered both the critical academic framework as well as practical skills like 3D modeling, world creation and an introduction to programming and sound design.
The course was multi-disciplinary with many modules being shared with Sonic Media and Film studies students which enabled some interesting collaborations – considering the historical ties of game developers and sound engineers.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Fast learner; highly adaptable.
- 21 qualifications in a variety of subjects.
- Excellent IT and technical skills.
- Highly creative and artistic.
- Natural problem solver.
- Driven, organized and reliable.
- Proficient in Windows and Mac, as well as:
- Adobe: Flash, Flex, Illustrator, Premiere, Photoshop, In-Design, Dreamweaver.
- Animation: Filming, Editing, sound developmental, special effects, stop motion.
- Game development: UDK/Unreal 3, Hammer, Game maker, Unity, mods/maps.
- 3D modeling: Autodesk 3DSMAX, Autodesk Maya, Google Sketchup, ZBrush 3.
- Microsoft: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Outlook.
- Web: Social Media, SEO, WordPress, Joomla, Webeden, Second Life.
- Sage Act!, Logic Pro, Cubase, online resources.
London South Bank University: BA (Hons) Game Cultures 2:1
Games culture covered both the creative and critical skills in video game design, development, and analysis rooted in a cultural and media studies perspective. Core skills included: 3D modeling & animation, marketing; advertising & media theory, Art and sound design, Story design, multidisciplinary group management, basic coding and programming and creative writing.
Farnborough College of Technology
- A level Bussiness studies
- A level Psychology
- As level Sociology
- As level Philosophy
- As level Fine Art
- GNVQ Information And Communication Technologies
- GNVQ Communication
- NVQ’s: Food Hygiene, Health & Safety, Silver Service, Emergency First Aid, Spectator safety
The Wavell School, specialist Technology College
- GCSE English Grade C
- GCSE Maths Grade C
- GCSE Media Studies
- GCSE Chemistry
- GCSE Physics
- GCSE Graphic Design
- GCSE Sociology
- GNVQ ICT (Intermediate)