I previously managed the Microsoft TechNet UK and Microsoft Developer UK Social accounts for Microsoft UK in Reading. Part of the Microsoft UK social team moved over to MRM//McCann UK. My role involved:
- Managing Microsoft Developer UK and TechNet UK Twitter and Facebook accounts using Sprinklr and Opal social media tools.
- Creating social plans and attended Microsoft events such as #TechDaysOnline, Future Decoded and Microsoft Reactor events.
- Creating quarterly performance reports, fortnightly social listening reports, campaign reports; moderated & selected content, created assets & copy, promoted Cloud Developer Advocates & Learn Services.
- Building relationships with the community and solving technical problems.
- Took a wide range of training courses from Microsoft and MRM such as Advertising law, Geopolitical awareness, GDPR, Brand Strategy & more
Here is a handy guide I wrote to add closed captioning to Facebook!
As part of my role I got to attend TechDays Online at the Microsoft Reactor in London where I was live-posting content over the three days. TechDays Online focused on topics such as Mixed Reality, Containers & Microservices, Data & AI and Quantum Computing. Here are some of the highlights:
I was also lucky enough to attend the London Tech Week conference at the ExCel in London with an all access pass. I found the talks incredibly insightful and enjoyed seeing the latest technologies on display.