Thank you for viewing my blog and portfolio website.
My last role was working at a company called Powerball and Camouflage Paintball. My job included managing the Google Ads account and the marketing budget.
I reduced CPC spend by 40%, created graphic content using Illustrator & Photoshop, optimised and updated various company websites, SEO, I managed the companies social media accounts & campaigns, undertook photography and other ad-hoc tasks.
Prior to that, I worked at MRM/McCann and Microsoft on the Microsoft Developer UK and TechNet UK Twitter and Facebook accounts. I used Sprinklr and Opal social media tools and assisted colleagues with paid and organic channels such as Microsoft Surface UK.
- Created, curated & scheduled organic audience-appropriate digital marketing campaigns.
- Built relationships with the audience, influencers, stakeholders and Microsoft Cloud Developers.
- Monitored social media campaigns, social listening, performance analysis & research for reports.
- Trained in advertising law, geopolitical awareness, GDPR, brand strategy, endorsements & privacy.
- Researched and solved the community’s technical problems with colleagues.
- Engaged in weekly stand-up meetings, bi-monthly content meetings & seasonal meetings in London.
- Trained colleagues in Opal and Sprinklr, created documentation related to films & subtitles.
- Delegated tasks to colleagues such as creating artwork to support events.
- Where appropriate created artwork and animated social media assets.
- Supported Microsoft’s accessibility commitments & stayed updated with trends and best practice.
- Planned, created and live-tweeted content for #TechDaysOnline, Connect(), Microsoft London Reactor events and Microsoft UK’s biggest yearly event, Future Decoded.
- As of the end of 2018, my posts had the highest engagement rate of anyone in the department.
- Microsoft UK’s marketing team was voted the best in the world in 2018 beating Microsoft Canada.
Before that, I worked as a Programmer and Marketing Specialist at iSat Ltd.
A satellite communications infrastructure SME.
During my time at iSat Ltd, I gained solid experience in Python development, Social Media Marketing and management, marketing copy creation, strategy, planning, and implementation as well as other ad hoc roles and company requirements.
Marketing activities have included creating written copy and graphics content such as brochures ( 1 | 2 ) and promotional banners for tradeshows & events, communicating the press with industry publications, building & designing the iSat website and datasheets as well as the host of other jobs such as purchasing, sales, helping to create, print and organize company tenders.
BA Honours Game Cultures (2:1) Graduated 2010
My degree at London South Bank University covered critical and practical video game 2D and 3D design & development, marketing & advertising, media studies and cultural studies. I used a wide range of software such as the Adobe Suite, 3DSMAX and Maya, Unreal Development kit using both PCs and Macs. I worked closely with other students in multi-disciplinary environments on projects.
Dissertation: ‘To what extent can the Unwritten Rules of Social & Massively Multiplayer Online Games configure the gamer?’ (2010).
Read my dissertation Here.
In my free time, I enjoy painting, writing, going to the gym, computer games, gardening and farming in Spain on a family smallholding. I also love travelling; especially walking holidays and driving around Europe. I’m also learning the Python programming language and I’m writing a book called ‘Copper Blood’.Indexsy.com
To find out more please contact me.